Teacher story - being sensitive

I am a sensitive person. Cry easily- reason why my sister hates watching sad movies with me. I blatantly sympathize to other people and easily get hurt or be offended by what people said. That’s my numero uno weakness. I’ve tried ways to mend this problem but until now, I am a failure.

Maybe not totally a failure, since now after being a teacher for more than a year, I can say that I’ve becoming too-soft-hearted-person no more. My students teach me to become what I am today. I teach five classes filled with students from diverse background and attitude. Some students are saintly good, but some- evil than devil. Their words, like sharp knife thrusts straight to your delicate heart. Utterances such as…………

‘cikgu ni jahatla, saya tak suka cikgu…’

‘ala cikgu ni, asyik membebel je……….’

‘asyik suruh tulis je, boringla…..’

….. and many more…..

- if two years back, upon hearing words like this, I would run to the bathroom and cry like a hopeless baby but now, I didn’t feel a thing… except sometimes it does hurt, a little- just like a bee-sting. That’s it. For I know, the next day, they will forget everything that they’ve said and when they see me, they will wave happily while cry out loud ‘ teacher la yang paling la best’ or if I dress up a bit ‘ teacher la paling cun’ – betul! And I would smile and forgive them…

But, a ‘good crier’ – a title I wish to preserve…

Comments

Popular Posts