My inspiration- The Greatest Player so far…


To be honest, I could hardly remember when and how I became so passionate and enthusiast about football but one thing for sure, the person who managed to trigger my interest towards this game is no one else but Zinadine Yazid Zidane, a son of Algerian immigrants who just retired from his profession after the WC ended. Zidane is an ordinary person with positive demeanor but undoubtedly, he managed to steal people’s heart with his skills and wittiness while playing. He dribbled the ball beautifully, passing it almost always accurately, tricked his opponents with his skillful techniques and proud his supporters with his majestic goals. When I first saw his match, I was smitten by his movements. Since that, I know that I will favor this man as my hero and I know I will be he’s strongest and most loyal fan. It’s not a secret to most of my friends on how much I like this guy and to make things more extreme, he became my inspiration while doing my assignments, not once but twice. I don’t know why I like so much about this soft-spoken guy but I believe that his great attitude that win my heart.

But every great show will have it’s end. This year WC is the last tournament for him as he will retired at the end of it. He did once, but he made a come back and helped his country to reach the final although they did not win and he did a mistake at the end, he still a greatest player so far. As now I’m a jobless person who did nothing except the regulars house chores and watching tv, I managed to catch some games in the WC and being an extra hardcore fan of France, I had never missed any of their match. Since the beginning of the tournament, I have feelings that France going to make it to the final although most of the people doubted it as they labeled them as ‘kuda tua’’s team – a tag that I strongly disagree. Although they did not win the WC, I know they had played at their best and for Zidane, I’ve never regretted and blamed him for what he did to Matterazi (I detest this man so much!!!) for I believe he had his own reason for doing that. Everyone has their limits, and I believe this fellow had surpassed Zidane’s patience and walah, he deserved that! and to all my friends, thank you for comforting me and supporting me when I was really down at France’s defeat. Above all, as expected Zidane managed to secure his place as FIFA WC’s Best Player and undoubtedly, he deserve it as he has inspired so many people around the globe for a decade. After this, we could never see his glimpse in WC anymore but one thing for sure, his spirit will always remain. As for me, this WC could be last one for me as well as I don’t think that I’m going to watch the WC again but if I do watch, one thing for sure, I will NEVER, NEVER, NEVER EVER support Italy!!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/177686/zidane_is_being_stupid_on_his_last_game/

(although the title a bit harsh, but it goes the other way round)

**** next entry, I will post the excerpt of my assignment (during writing class) about my hero….

Comments

sleepwalker said…
Ok, so France didn't manage to clinch the Cup this year. Don't be too sad, Wardah :-P
(",) strawberry said…
i know it's you!!!!!wardah!!!!

Popular Posts