The book….

Last week, due to my extreme boringness, I spend hours in the book shelf at my house to search any book that I could read in order to fill my extra free time. This time around I tried not to go for fiction books as most of it I have finished reading it and some I even had read twice. Therefore, this time around, I opened my options by looking at informational books section. There was one book that frequently caught my attention before this but I don’t bother to read it because 1) it was published in 1976 2) when I glanced through the pages, it has font 9- too small and congested and 3) the title seemed profound. But that day, I didn’t know why I became so interested to explore more about that book. And once I started reading it, I was stuck to it- until today. Well, it’s hard to finish the book as 1) the font is too small and I need to read carefully (2) the vocab used- fairly bombastic which makes me referring to the dictionary quite often (3) the topics discussed were relatively heavy and historical. So what’s the title of the book------ don’t be surprised------- “Militant Islam” by G.H. Jansen. At the cover of the book, as introduction, its’ written “an informed and incisive analysis of Islam’s confrontation with the western world today” . looking forward to finished it!

Below, I enclose the picture of the book.





Comments

Popular Posts