I miss my two-week holiday

Been very busy lately. I miss my two weeks holiday- just stayed at home and away from any thought about schoolworks. Two weeks after the school re-opened and I have yet experienced any day without doing or thinking bout schoolworks. And I’m praying and hoping that these hectic-ness shall end by the end of this week. Today, for instance, my school held an opening day and ‘hari kantin’. The unfortunate me who was selected to be a form teacher had to entertain 41 parents with different opinion and attitudes. One parent even scolded me for he had to wait for his turn (not that he had to wait for one hour! Huh!). I know, he was so eager to see me but come on, be patience dude or shall I say "nuncle". I forced myself to be calmed but inside, there was a burning flame. No wonder his child was rude – as parents are child’s first role models. Besides that superfluous moment, everything went perfectly normal. Throughout the 3 hours dealing with these parents, I managed to collect few events and experiences that managed to tickled my heart. I managed to see how disappointed parents scolded their children when they saw their children’s not-so-good results, how my students who normally were so loud became extremely passive in front of their parents, and how hopeful some parents to see their children to be success in the future – not to follow their path. Truly, I learned a lot today. Indirectly, I can say that my interpersonal skills have improved (hmm). Teachers, we are not merely an educator but we also a motivator, a problem solver and also an observer. And yes we a good cook too ( as I was in-charged for nasi ayam stall, I only slept few hours last night to fry the chicken). I’m tired but I’m grateful that I was learning something today. But I need a break too!

Comments

Popular Posts