Being a muslim..

Being a Muslim means to always smile, no matter how difficult life gets, for it will last a while
It means greeting people of all ethnicities and races, with a salutation of peace, smiling at all faces
It means helping the elderly, and the one in need, and to give in charity, not to be overcome by greed
It means, to desire perfection, in piety and gratitude. Always be humble and not have an attitude
It means to obey your parents, not to raise your voice in their sight, and to walk away if someone wants to fight..

So am I a Muslim by action, or a Muslim by name, the first is a believer and the other is a shame
I must never become arrogant, boastful, or proud, nor utter silly words, or speak loud
I can't transgress in the earth, I know right from wrong, so I better correct my past, I won't live too long
Before I'm 6 feet under, and taking nothing with me but my deeds, no more things to worry about, no more needs
As I face my Lord, did I really prepare for that day, from the way I lived my life, it seems I was astray
So even as a Muslim, I will be punished for my sins if I fail, by going to hell, which ain't nothing like jail...

So I'm not special for being a Muslim at all, if my actions are on the down fall
If people don't see Islam in my actions, then what do I have to propose, nothing good in my image, which people oppose
So I stand up in prayer, asking God to give me His light, to walk humbly on earth, and to make things right
God created us weak, and in distress, so we can always turn to Him when our life is a mess
God created us to worship Him, not that He is in need, nor will He ever be in need for us, for were only a seed
God taught us the way we should compose our life, to live in harmony and not cause strife
He taught us our purpose and gave us direction; He is tired of hearing everyone's objection..

Thinking that we can develop better standards of living than our Lord, if you live life this way, you won't get a reward
So I better stop hurting people, God even counts a woman's tears, while many other people remain in fear
Fear of dying with no shelter, nor food, many more are depressed, in a delusional mood
So I must extend a helping hand to establish goodness to humanity, because too many people are living in insanity
If someone wrongs me, must I retaliate and fight, can I just forgive them, if I have the light
The light of Allah that He gives to whom He please, the only one who gets it are those who bow on their knees
To acknowledge to the creator, that you are indebted to His service, to not get caught up in life, always feeling nervous

The world wasn't made just for me, we all have a share in its joys and sorrow, so let's focus on today, for nothings promised tomorrow
So a Muslim who preaches the message must resemble goodness and piety, and to acknowledge there is only one Deity
His name is Allah., He is the One and Only, if you don't worship Him, you will remain lonely
He is the One who brings life to what was dead, so calling on Him at night, while you lay in bed
And thank Him, o Muslims, for all of His gifts, for if you remain ungrateful, His punishment is swift
God put us in this world to see how we react, but we failed many times, that's a fact.


----islamonline.net------

Comments

sleepwalker said…
Hi Wardie, I like what you've posted here. Keep up the strong faith! :)

Popular Posts