The Day

I woke up at 6.00 a.m this morning. It’s not my normal routine to wake up that early, but today, special case. Last night, I ironed my new pink baju kurung…(only technically mine, as currently my sister loan it to me but still, its new). A real hot pink! After finished dressing up, with a bit of excitement feeling inside my heart, I went straight to my school. Good morning teacher! a student greeted me, when I entered the school’s gate. I just smiled, and nodded my head a bit. I could feel that my face was glowing. I wonder why, maybe because of the new blusher that I wore this morning. I clocked in my card and went straight to the teachers’ room. Today, every teacher looked different. They wore nice clothes, some even bought a new ‘tudung’- just to match with their baju kurung. All smiled and chatted happily. Some shook hands with their peers and there were some teachers who hugged each other. “macam raya plak!” a voice echoed. All just smiled. Nevertheless, there were few teachers who’re busy marking the students’ books. “dah lah, hari ni tak payahla tanda buku, hari ni kita relax!” one teacher teased the teachers who’re busy with their marking.

“cikgu2, pukul 7.45 nanti sila berkumpul di dataran”- an instruction given to the teachers. If during normal day, the teachers felt reluctant to go for the assembly, but today, I could see that they fastened their steps while heading to the hall- including me. Then, the assembly started. Nothing much different from our every day assembly except for today, throughout the assembly, from time to time, I received messages from my friends in which their contents made me smiled and at the and of the assembly, we, teachers were requested to sing.

Kami guru Malaysia

Berikrar dan berjanji

Memimpin dan mendidik

Putera-puteri Negara kita

Pada Seri Paduka

Kami tumpahkan setia

Rukun Negara kita

Panduan hidup kami semua

Di bidang pembangunan

Kami tetap bersama

Bersatu, membina Negara yang tercinta

Amanah yang diberi

Kami tak persiakan

Apa yang kami janji

Tunai tetap kami tunaikan

All the teachers sang their heart out. Then, we had a break. Together, we went to the canteen. There, while eating, we chatted—cheerfully. Today, everyone was in high spirits. After we had our break, we toured back to the hall as the event continued. There were performances by both teachers and the students, and the event lasted until 12.30 pm. When I stepped out from the hall, few students approached me, they shook my hand and greeted me, “selamat hari guru, cikgu!” and I smiled. Yes, today, 16 May 2007, is Teachers’ Day and this is the first time I celebrated it as a teacher! To all teachers/educators and to myself “HAPPY TEACHERS’ DAY”.

p/s: I did get few gifts and cards. Reading my students’ cards makes me flattered.



Comments

Anonymous said…
nape tak boleh nak post comment????
Anonymous said…
haah..baru boleh..tak de idea dah la...lain kali la post comment...
Anonymous said…
Happy Belated Teacher's Day!
It's good to know lots of teachers blog.
=D
(",) strawberry said…
warda..please update your blog...i like read this entry thousands of time..yes, i know.... that's your favourite song..but..come on.... (hahahahha)

Popular Posts