Wishes..

Do you still remember your wishes when you were young? When you were in primary school and early years of secondary school? (Pre-adolescent period) The time where you were still catching up with your homework loads? The time where you were still confuse about friends and boy/girlfriends? During the time where you wish that you will grow up faster, working, having your own money, wearing beautiful clothes, wearing jewelry whenever you want to wear it (we weren’t allowed to wear jewelry when we were at school) no schools, no uniforms and no homeworks, no curfew, and most importantly feel ‘libre’ from your parents’ eyes? I do. When I was ‘extremely younger’, I did feel envy with grown-ups, thinking that they could handle their life as they wish without others interfering. I was so eager to grow faster, to work at the office, wearing heels and make-ups, have my own money and have a car so that I could travel on my own. And most importantly I wish that I could grow faster because I want to lead my own life, according to MY WAY. To see the world from my own perspective without others telling me what to do.

And now after I reached that stage, reflecting back the thoughts and wishes that I had before, I laugh to myself. First and foremost, it’s impossible for me to work at the office as now I’m in teaching line where my ‘office’ is of course the classrooms. Heels, yes I could wear one but I rarely do, make-ups? I just use little make-up, jewelry? I begin to detest gold now, car? ha-ha!! And how about libre that I wanted the most? The crave for freedom to conduct my own self without others interfering? Honestly, now I do wish that my parents could arrange everything for me because sometimes I was too tired and lazy to make decisions in life. I wish that everything is arranged for me and most importantly, I want to be young again. The time where you were not burden with problems and works and you don’t have to clouded you mind with all the unwanted predicaments. That’s my wish now. The truth is, we human, never satisfy with what we have now, we always want more or we sometimes crave for what we had before. And we always make wishes although sometimes the wishes were ridiculous, but we don’t care because what make us going on with this life is those wishes.

Comments

sleepwalker said…
Nice post, Wardah.

When I was young, I used to dream for a chance to spread my wings and fly. Now I wish for a chance to be happy in whatever I do, no matter what circumstances I'm in.

And I wish I had more contentment. We humans are never easily contented, are we?
Unknown said…
firstly, what happend to your blog?
sleepwalker said…
It died of natural causes :-P

Popular Posts