BIRO TATANEGARA

I've just finished my BTN course (Biro Tatanegara). What an experience! Besides being brain-washed days and nights - they did try to cleanse your mind by instilling their ideologies almost every second!, I personally did enjoy the experience that I gained. Never in my mind thinking that one day I had to cross a muddy river and to do other rough activities continuously. My body was aching-until now but I didn't feel any regret. Its totally a valuable experience that I think I could never gain anywhere else.

I have to admit, 4 days there, it does change some of the ways of how I see things. If before this, I always being over-negative about certain things, now, I think I can see things from different angles. From now on, I will try not to be too judgemental and at the same time preserve my critical thinking. The one thing that I most regret while attending the course was my inability to express my thoughts and ideas freely. Being a person who loves to read and has some knowledge bout certain issues (hmmm), I felt frustrated for I cannot share whatever I have in mind due to the nature of the course. My inner self wanted to object some issues discussed and raised but my gut restrained me for I was afraid of being failed by them. What a coward! I hope they could be more flexible and open rather than being too 'berat sebelah' and skeptical.

Another thing, personaly, I pity the minorities. Most of the facilitors they liked to talk about Malay supremacy or Malay sovereignty in which sometimes they went overboard. I could see that most of these minorities they wanted to object but cowardice ruled their mind and my mind too. Everyone wants to pass this course and if it means you have to wear a mask, or pretend, then you should do it.

However, all in all I do enjoy it but if they ask me whether I want to go again, I'd rather pass. and for those who haven't gone, do prepare ; mentally and physically...

Comments

Popular Posts