teacher - beware of your words!

Once, my students asked me an-almost-all students-ask question; "teacher, tomorrow bring what book?" I tried to imagine my lesson plan for tomorrow. Finally I replied "Class, tomorrow please bring your comprehension book?" . "No textbook? another famous question popped from one student. "No"..all the students cried happily..in unison ( they really hate bringing their textbook)

The next day, I entered the class, brought along my 'buku persediaan mengajar', confidently I walked into the class..After the greeting..."class take out your Literature Book and your textbook". My students "teacher, yesterday you asked us to bring comprehension only"
Me: Really, oh my mistake (while trying to remember whether I'd said that"
Me: So, all of you didn't bring your textbook?
NO!! -- all students (with their thunderous voices)
Me: Ok then, take out your book and copy this..we'll discuss later...

At the end of the class...

"class, tomorrow please bring your literature book.."
My students: eleh teacher, suruh bawa buku lain tapi esok lain..
Me: Cis (dalam hati je laaa)

Aigooo....

Students nowadays are not like us in the past. In those days, we never raised our voice to our teachers, if they did any mistake (which in my case, I totally forgot..) we chose to say nothing. We respected them and once we being scolded, we will remember it forever and tried to avoid from making the same mistake. My students.. cikgu..boifren cikgu keje apa? Me--stunned! I never dared to ask my teacher question like that.. phrases like "malasla cikgu, cikgu ni, kalau tak nak buat macam mana?" are normal to be uttered by my students and then when we rolled our eyes, they will say "gurau je la cikgu"

Me--Just praying that students in the future won't be worse from today.....

Comments

Popular Posts