--moments--


Be like the flowing river,
silent in the night,

be not afraid of the dark
if there are stars on the sky,
reflect them back

If there are clouds in the sky

Remember, clouds like rivers,
are water
So, gladly reflect them too,

In your own tranquil depths..


-Manuel Bandeira-

I do a lot of self-reflections during this holiday. I reflect all the things that I've done-things that I regret and things that I wish could happen again. Sometimes I hope that I could play safe by choosing the path that placed right in front of me but, I opt to choose the opposite. By doing that I hurt not only myself, but others too. But I know, these are the risks that I have to take for my decisions now will bring consequences that affect my future. Be hurt now rather than be sorry in the future. Be frustrated now than feeling disappointed in the future.

Comments

(",) strawberry said…
have to say..this entry is pretty inspiring, wardie...
this may sound phony, but yeah, in life we could not help but to hurt and to be hurt...to disappoint someone or get disappointed...
my point is..life is full of risks...and it's about whether you are brave enough to take the challenge...
there are people who could brave..when they are determined, they can do and perform well in everything..but there are also people who most of the time...would choose to be a coward...
maybe becoz....hurting oneself requires less courage and cruelty than hurting other people....at least...they know they can handle it..huhu.....(i don't know what i'm talking about.....)

Popular Posts