Once...when I was a student

It’s passed midnight, yet I couldn’t make my eyes to rest. I decided to write something. I went out for dinner with my dad my brother just now at a seafood restaurant. I’d been craving for Tomyam since last week. And we also ordered otak2 (also a famous dish besides tempe, its made of fish). Then was when old memories hit me. Once, when I was still a student.

Students who stayed in hostel were not allowed to cook on our own. So, besides eating instant mee, our next option was grabing something from the nearest cafeteria. Occasionally, we will also go out to Tmn U to eat. There were lots of restaurants but my favourite spot was Singgora. A fine restaurant which situated a stone throw from the University. I normally went there with my then room-mate, Mc Y and another friend, Mis JN. I usually will order Tomyam, Mc Y will order USA fried rice and Mis JN, she didn’t have any specific menu, but one common thing that we will do- ordering otak2. It’s a must for us. While eating, we will talk about almost everything but we did best in ‘bitching’ our lecturers (not all the time!). How I miss that moments! Besides that, I also went out with my other close friends especially during weekends. Being a student gave me chances to experience independent life without my parents’ eagle eyes, following every step that I made. It’s all about making mistakes and learning something from it. I believe that I can never taste that kind of life anymore. Yes, its true that I’m going to make new friends, acquaintances, colleagues or whatever you might call, but it can never replaced the friends, the time, and the life that I had during my university years. Life is evolving and I might not feel again the euphoric period where I let go and let flow everything…..

Comments

sleepwalker said…
Hey Wardie,

Your post brings back many fond memories...I'm missing our times together, really...take care, pal.
Unknown said…
Eh? Wardah rupanya... hi...hows life?
Unknown said…
sleepwalker: I'm glad u still remember. Maybe its not too late for me to say thank u for all the trips to Tmn U. me too, missing the moments. Jules, ur so plucky and matured now.

leenmafia: yea, its me. life just ok. recently gor my posting..finally..had fun reading ur blog. hope u don't mind!

Popular Posts