Dear Abah...



Dear Abah,

Last week, I bought a book by Masturah Al Attas. A book written by a daughter for her scholar dad whom she admires so much. I showed you the book and jokingly you asked me to write a book about you. How I wish I could write one but my ‘stupid’ mind is unable to fulfil your ‘wish’. Instead I choose my humble blog to scribble something about you- a man who has inspired me to brave this challenging life.

Abah,

Eventhough I’m married now, eventhough I don’t stay under one roof with you anymore, but I have to admit your shadow always accompanies me wherever I go. I may have a husband now, but you are the first man whom I know, and the first man whom I love. Nothing can change that.

Abah,

You moulded me to be what I am today. We share the same hobby- both of us love reading. Since I was small, the never failed to buy The Star newspaper and made me read it. Every single day. Once I’d finished, you would ask me on the things that I’d read. At first, it was very tiresome, but eventually I began to enjoy the Q and A sessions with you.

Abah,

When I wanted to pursue my master, you were the one who encouraged me, gave me your utmost support. When I was too tired to drive to JB after a long day at school, without any hesitation you would drive me there, not once, but several times. How grateful am I to you. Your kind and tender actions always bring tears to my eyes. Tears of appreciation. I really thank you for that.

Abah,

I can never write a book about you, but everything about you has been written permanently in my deepest heart. Nothing and no one can ever erase it.

Abah,

Thanks for everything. Thank you for being a very good father.

Abah,

I love you.



Comments

Popular Posts