We are human too!!

It bothers me a lot when I read how the public keep on complaining and scolding teachers once some students were being punished. Teachers are human too. And every human makes mistakes but sometimes we are being penalized as if we are grade-1-criminal. Totally unfair! I have to agree that some teachers went overboard when they punished their students but I believe there were reasons for every action. We will never, ever punish our students without any valid reasons. We are teachers, educators not some psychopaths who deliberately punish our students. Or else we won’t be teachers at the first place. But the treatments that we get, totally outrageous. I remember, once a person from KPM suggested that teachers share the toilet with the students in order to keep the toilet clean. And recently, one suggestion made that teachers shouldn’t eat separately with the students. OMG! Were these people crazy or what? Sometimes, I personally think that teachers are being treated badly. If they want us to share the toilet with the students, they should show an example first. They shouldn’t use VIP toilet or dine at 5 stars hotels. I bet these people won’t do it as they are only “commenists” – people who loooooooove to comment!

One of our tokoh pendidikan said - students nowadays are too soft(lembik) and spoilt(mengada-ngada). And to make things worst, parents blatantly will take their children's side whatever happened. They always think that their children could never be wrong- and I agree 100%. How pathetic these parents are!!

I am a teacher. I know the reality and I understand well the hitches that need to be faced by all these teachers every day. Sometimes, it felt like mental torturing! Why, when few students were slapped by a teacher, this so-called-accident became a front cover of each national newspaper, but when a teacher get punched on his face until he was hospitalised, we heard nothing, be it from the ministry or the press! totally unfair.

Here, I want to make a suggestion to so-called loving parents, why don't you be a teacher just for one day, and after you have succeeded then you can complain. My students aren't 'devils' or 'angels' but to cope with their sometimes rude attitude, really makes me a "screamer” and a “mad woman” sometimes…

Comments

Popular Posts